From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2007 16:09:59 -0400
Maggie, you may be interested to know that if you look on the web you
will find that there have even been cases of reduced motility in people
who regularly had huge amounts of fiber laxatives rather than any
chemical ones causing a the effect. That was new to me so I learned
something by seeking info, too, which often happens.

(I wonder if ferrets who have been given a fiber like pumpkin puree to
reduce diarrhea (since it can reduce either extreme) for long enough
also have enough of an effect that motility is reduced when stopping
the pumpkin?)

Anyway, like I said, I only had time to lightly touch on the topic in
searching and expect others to continue their own looking rather than
taking my comments as anything that is at all complete, so I just gave
leads to help people, including you, search on your own rather than
argue, please. 'Nough said and thanks for seeing this time around what
I was saying. Happy searching to you.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: