From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 17:36:03 -0400
The other day we asked for help placing 15 ferrets in Mass.  To make a VERY
long story very short, all the ferrets are now safe and sound in Mass.
shelters.  As soon as their medical history is confirmed, most of these
little ones will be up for adoption.

The ferrets are from an individual who bred them and could no longer keep
them.  They are about 2 years old and in good health.  The males are late
neuters, nice and large (for anyone out there who LOVES those big guys).
The females are all beautiful.  Most are either DEWs (dark eyed whites) or
blaze (white stripe on head).  They are really gorgeous, friendly ferrets.
So far, at least one female appears to be deaf.

If you are in the Mass. area, please think about adopting one of these
wonderful ferrets.  Most of them are at Gimme Shelter in Wareham (before
the Cape), 508-291-1850 or <[log in to unmask]>

Another group is at The Educated Ferret in South Hadley (western Mass.),
413-538-7108.

After this weekend, one female may also be at The Luv of Ferrets in
Tewksbury (northeastern Mass.) 978-851-7781.

And please don't forget about all the other wonderful ferrets at
Massachusetts' first shelter, Frisky Ferret Shelter in North Reading,
978-664-5006 (not that far north of Boston).

Don't be fooled by all those area codes--Massachusetts is a very small
state.  Yet we have FOUR shelters--and all of them had plenty of lovable
ferrets for adoption before these new ones showed up.  When I was at Gimme
Shelter yesterday, I met some of shelter ferrets already waiting to be
adopted--the one with the marks across his back where the harness had dug
into his fur; the 2 sweet little look-alikes whose owner wanted them
destroyed because they killed a pet hamster; the one found wandering in the
state forest; the sweet one with lymphoma who was dumped at the local animal
shelter.  ALL of them are very loving and deserve good homes.

Every shelter operator can tell you similar stories.  Shelter moms and dads
work tirelessly and spend lots of their own money taking in ferrets that
other people give up.  PLEASE--if you are going to adopt a ferret, consider
adopting one from a shelter.  Ferrets are ferrets, and shelter ferrets are
great!

-- Ronnie DiComo
       and
Ralphie, Harry, Prince Charming, Merlin, Roxanne, Petunia, Epcot, Clover
and new guy Simon Says ("yeah, we agree! we are all rescues except one of
us and we love him anyway!")