Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 1994 16:11:53 PST
Hi everyone,

     Well, I took Julia the Ferret to the vet today.  Half the fun
of a visit is to show her to people.  Since I live In Calif., I
don't ever take her outside :(.  Anyway, I got the usual comments,
"look it's a weasel", "I heard they are outlawed because they are
harmful to cattle" (sigh).  Apparently, they hunt in packs here in
California, chasing down defenseless Bovine type thousands of times
their size (Yea, right).
     Anyway, she had a clean bill of health.  At one point, the
doctor said he found an enlarged Lympth node, but later said, "No,
it's just fat" (sigh of relief).
     Ok, here is the question.  He said she had some tartar (sp?)
(the brown stuff, not the sauce) on her back teeth.  Does anyone
have advice on how to remove or slow this buildup?  I already only
give her dry food.

Thanks,
D.E.  Brea CA.

PS:  It cost me $23 for distemper plus exam.  I go to the Eastlake
     Animal Hospital in Yorba Linda, CA.  They are great, if you
     need a Ferret Vet.