From:
Ann Haager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 00:08:22 -0500
Our first, Lupi, came from a local family owned pet store (that was in
January 2001).

Dewey and Xanth came from a friend of Adrian's in college...they kept
getting out of their apartment, some neighbors turned them in and then
had to get rid of the ferts...so we took them...paid $75 for their cage
and all supplies.

Pixie came from Pebbs Pets shelter which has now closed.

Rainbow was from another pet store, but not an impulse buy, she was well
thought out.

The next day after Rainbow came Skittles who WAS an impulse buy...but
well worth it. I brought her home and surprised Adrian and he was upset
until he saw how cute she was and 3 yrs later she's still cute as ever.

Calix, Pearl & Snap also came from petstores, but Calix had been bought
and returned and all three of them were biters and they were going to be
sent back to be put to sleep...so we took them for $100 for all 3.

Oreo...well, she came from a petstore, but I honestly don't remember
which one or actually getting her...I think she just kind of showed up ^.^

Gandalf & Samweis belonged to my cousin and he didn't know anything about
ferrets, so it scared him when they would play and make dook noises and
such.  I educated him and he decided to keep them then realized he didn't
have time for them so he gave them to us anyway.

I plan on our next ferret coming from a shelter, but we're not really
looking right now, but when we do look, we will be looking in the
Atlanta area most likely.

Oh, and just because I'm talking about our babies, our dogs and cats
were basically all taken in from somewhere.

Shadow was born to one of my oldest brothers dogs in 1999, so we got her
free from him. I was living with my mom at the time and she wouldn't let
me have a dog so Shadow spent her first 3 months at my brothers...which
was fine because at that time I spent most of my time there too. Now my
mom wants to keep Shadow but I won't let her muahahahaha ^.^

Then we took in Zoe (cat) around April of 03 I think. I was working at a
kennel and she belonged to someone who lived right next door but didn't
take care of her, so after they moved out and left her behind we took
her home.

Then Onyx (dog) had been wandering the neighborhood for a few weeks so
we decided to take him in and get him fattened up again and all, then 2
months later we found the original owners who said we could keep him
because they couldn't keep him off the streets and, since we could, we
were doing better by him...so we took him in in November of 2004.

I think that covers everyone ^.^

Ann & the fur gang