From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 20:38:11 -0700
When I offered to write a post about the Georgia Raffle the IFC is
holding to help raise funds for the Atlanta Symposium, I was a little
torn about what I should say.

What I really, really, really wanted to say was for everyone NOT to
enter!  I want to win!!!!  The less people that enter, the greater my
chance is of winning!  I don't really care about the tickets to the Water
Park, or Stone Mountain, or Six Flags, as I know I probably won't be in
Georgia long enough to use them.  Even the treats, food, and ferret
supplies don't really interest me.  The Zoo tickets mildly interest
me-but only because I am trying to talk my husband into going there on
Sunday after the Symposium is over-but heck, I can always just pay my
way into the zoo.  (Did you know they have Meercats there?)

All that other stuff is nice, but it's just not what I'm interested in!
I am interested in the Limited Edition Doodlebug Print!!!  Have you seen
it?  Did you go check it out?  I'm telling you, it is Totally Awesome!
What a great piece of ferret art!  I already have a place on my wall for
it!!!

So....while I'd really like to tell you NOT to buy tickets so I can win,
I know that's not the right thing to do.  The International Ferret
Congress is just like all the other organizations out there....we need
money to operate.  Think putting on a Forum or Symposium for 200 people
is cheap?  Well, it's not - but it's well worth every penny it cost to
pull one off!  Just ask anyone who has even attended one!

I realize there are many different fundraisers running right now and many
of us have to pick and choose very carefully how we spend our few spare
dollars.  I think if you go look at the Georgia Raffle items again, maybe
you'll see something you'd like to have.  Tickets are only $1.00 each or
6 for $5.00.  And there are several chances to win with some really nice
prizes!

You say you don't need any of the tickets to Georgia Attractions.....so
if you win, why not consider donating them to Julianna at the Atlanta
Shelter?  (Not the zoo tickets....you keep them and maybe we can go to
the zoo together Sunday after the symposium is over to see the
meercats!!)

Why don't you go look one more time?

http://www.geocities.com/kourifanclub/IFCRaffle.html

We are extending the deadline for ticket sales.  Last day to get tickets
will be July 31st and the drawing will be August 1st.

Thanks!

Judy Cooke
Co-Director IFC
<http://www.ferretcongress.org>