From:
Richard & Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 1998 20:52:56 -0400
Just received my new issue of the "American Ferret Report" of the American
Ferret Association, Inc.  On page 20 there is an article that absolutely
made me sick!  While obviously meant to be funny (or cute), it is a recipe
for Ferret Stew and was written by Teri Carr.  An organization such as this
should not print such articles, even if meant to be funny.  One the same
page is an advertisement for a ferret muzzle.  Surely, with all that goes on
in the ferret world, the editors can find articles and advertisements more
useful and helpful to ferret owners (and less offensive and tasteless).

For an organization which is constantly begging for donations, you would
think they could be a little more sensitive to ferret owners.  Maybe I am
overreacting but that's how it hit me when I read it.

It reminds me of those tacky, tasteless jokes we've all heard.

I certainly won't be renewing my membership if this is the best they can do.

Katharine