From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 07:23:52 -0500
You mentioned in your article that you would only use glass dishes next
time for your ferrets.

I have a ferret from Alicia at Ferretwise, that I took as a kit.  She is
the love of my life, and what a gal.

But, she refuses to eat ANYTHING served in a plastic dish.  I went to a
flea market, found a cut glass dish with a chip in it, bought it for a
quarter, filed the chip, (this works well for your best glasses, just
file that little chip out with an emery board or a fine metal file) and
served her my soup.

No go, I had a plastic bottle on my blender.

Got a glass one, store the soup in glass jars, and use stainless steel
spoons.

Guess what - she eats.  Does she know something I don't?  What about
the people who use plastic all the time?  As a result of her making me
choose, I do not use plastic for anything.

Have you ever purchased lettuce at the market that was sealed in a
plastic bag at the store?  Some times, when you open it, the odor is a
strong oil scent, like fuel oil, not extra virgin, first cold pressing
olive oil, the only kind I use for my gang.

Marilyn