From:
"J. Matthew Saunders" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 May 1999 19:37:27 -0400
Dear Fert Collective,

I rent an art studio in Newport, VA.  A group of us just finished an art
show today--which went very well.  The response to my "ferret series" of
watercolours was pretty wonderful.  The pictures ended up being pretty good
advocates for our cause.  Folks asked me about domestication, biting,
whether they stink amongst other things.  Pretty much the reaction was
"Wow are they ever cute!  I didn't know they made such good pets."

All this got me thinking about ebay (the on-line auction house) and how
this might help some ferret shelters out there.  I've placed an auction for
an original portrait of your ferret.  10% of any profits will go to ferret
shelters.  If this auction goes well, and it seems worthwhile, I'll set up
other auctions as well with part of the proceeds going to support needy
shelters.  If you'd like to see my listing and perhaps bid, the URL is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=98976395

At the end of the auction, I'll post to the list and let you know how it
went.

Cheers!
Matthew in VA.