Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:26:49 -0700
Dear Student Anon,
The part about leaving them every other weekend has me bothered.  Usually
when us "adults" leave for the weekend we take them to a pet sitter or
hire one to come to our homes.  It is not fair to leave the little ones
by themselves that long time after time.  If you do this, make sure mom
is willing to fullfill all the tasks you do when you are gone, including
out time and playing with them .

Also, I think you should be doing volunteer work at a ferret shelter
starting now until you get you own fuzzies.  I just don't know if you
really have enough time for them overall.  I had a schedule like the one
you are talking about and it didn't work for me at age 40.  It isn't an
age thing it is a time thing.  One day a week off just isn't enough even
though I know plenty of us only have that much off.

Think about it, and good luck, Let us know,
Mary Jo