Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 1992 10:21:00 -0400
Hi all,
    Diane, don't worry.  Murphy will soon accept Nibbles as a friend.
When I first got Fletch (cat), I already had Kitty and Ferrah (ferrets).
For the most part, Fletch was reacting just like Murphy is.  He slowly
decided that they really wern't going to hurt him.  After several months,
he would just ignore them, unless they walked over him while he was taking
a nap, then he would run, causing the ferrets to chase him.

    Then came Buddy (cat).  He wouldn't go near anyone for about a
week (including me!)  But after his adjustment period, he decided that
ferrets would be something fun to play with.  They chase each other around
the house, and have wrestling matches all the time.

    Then came Dr. Pepper (ferret).  He was scared of the other ferrets
when I first took him home.  But when he first spotted a cat, he took off
in a full speed chase.  Pepper and Buddy are now best of friends.

    BTW, I've had Fletch for 2 years, and a few months ago he finally
decided that the ferrets actually are fun to play with.  He won't wrestle
with them like Buddy does, but he does join in on chases, and enjoys
torturing them by sitting on a chair just out of reach and batting at
them.

Brian, Kitty, Ferrah, Dr. Pepper, Fletch, and Buddy.