From:
Randy Ferret Aid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:56:07 -0500
Hello.  Sorry I haven't updated.  Kit is doing GREAT.  We haven't updated
our site in a while to show this, but she really is doing great.  She's
playful and happy and GROWING like a weed.  Her head tilt is totally gone
and you would never know she was the same tiny ferret who was near death
when she first came in.

The pet store that she was dropped off at has still refused to work with
us to find the guy that dumped her.  They wish to be kept out of the
media and don't want to get involved any further.  However, they did take
the time to bring Kit to our vet and for that we are grateful.  She would
have died if they had not.  We will continue to try to work with them to
better future situations if this should arise again.

As for Kit, she is now in the "adoptable" portion of the shelter.  This
means that she is a healthy baby girl who is looking for a forever home.
She has made a lot of friends here (both human and furry) and plays very
gently.  Her friends Coca and Cola were adopted last week into a home but
she still has Muffin to hang out with and made a new friend on Sunday, a
little girl who came in called Tootsie.

Kit is a special little girl to many of our volunteers who watched a
frail, weak and helpless kit come into the shelter and who are all hoping
to see this fighting soul bounce out into a forever home.  It's with MANY
thanks to a couple of you who helped with Kit's medical bills that she is
here today to bounce.  Thank you Deb for asking about this little strong
baby.

Miss Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>

Join us for the IFC Ferret Aid 2006 Conference!
Book early, almost sold out!!
http://www.ferretaid.org/events/ferret_aid_2006.html