From:
"Ann D. Phillips" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 10:21:46 -0400
After messing around with 2 liter soda bottles full of ice and placed in
the cage, wet towels draped over the cage with a fan blowing across them to
create a sort of swamp cooler effect and moving the cage to the basement
during the hottest part of the day, I finally just caved to the use of an
air conditioner.  Last year when everyone could run happily all day together
(we had a few less ferrets) they stayed with me in my home office and we
shared the use of a AC unit.  This year I bought one just for the ferret
room.

There is nothing that makes a miserable, hot ferret more comfy then a blast
of refergerated air!

Yes AC units can be expensive.  You may want to move the ferrets into a
smaller room, hook up a small AC unit and keep the door closed during the
day.

I don't think Jethro and Ellie will see any relief from the heat anytime
before fall, and I've read that a panting ferret is a ferret on the verge
of heat stroke.

Ann