From:
Troy Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:01:25 -0600
Each day after work I hurry home to a house filled with welcoming
love.  As I slip my key into the lock I can hear fidgeting from inside.
I gently push the door open only to see a welcoming of fuzzies.

Whichever of the fuzzies are up will quickly trot to the door, not to
try and get outside but to stand looking up at me expectantly.  What do
they want?  To be picked up, cuddled and kissed of course.  I can safely
cuddle and kiss three at a time and when I see more coming for my
welcoming I'll set them down and grab up the others.

And Pan will climb the ramp to the futon and stand expectantly watching
until I walk over and bend down as he stretches up to give and receive
welcoming kisses.

And I must not forget how quickly Blaze will run down the hall to greet
me.  He wastes no time in getting to me, only for me to pick him up and
cuddle him as he struggles and stretches to get away when he then races
me to the kitchen where he lays on his back, short little back legs
stretched out, head tilted and belly bared, waiting for his tummy
tickles.

And Leo will stand on my leg asking to be picked up.  Then as I lavish
him with kisses, his little paw pushes my face away in perfect timing
as he turns his head to the side.  The look but don't touch technique.

And then there are the gentlest of welcomings, the ones I have to watch
for.  They'll lay patiently near me waiting for me to notice they are
there for their cuddles and kisses.

These welcomings occur every time I come home, even if I've just stepped
out for 15 minutes to run to the store.  And each time they last until
each and every fuzzy has lovingly welcomed me home.

Always a wonderfully fuzzy welcoming.

hugs.  tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org