Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 18:40:56 EDT
First of all I would like to thank all of you that sent emails or cards
regarding the passing of my main man Tig.  He was and still is my
favorite (shssh don't tell the others that) so it has hit me very hard
and the cards etc have really helped, thank you so much again.

Secondly for anyone who has doubts, this Texas girl was there, with my
own eyes, my heart and my being.  For one Barb Clay is a tremendous
caring person and wonderful shelter mom.  The kids are beautiful,
hagerstown and not.  Their coats are shiney, their cages are clean (as
clean can be when they are constantly turning over litter boxes that
are clipped) and they smell wonderful which means they are well taken
care of.

The Hagerstown kids... my God what beautiful ferrets.  Now by this I
don't mean they don't have problems.  Some were so scared of people that
they bite out of fear.

Some had wee-wee problems and vaginaites (nasty) some had dermaties from
not getting out of the cages (looks like adrenal but isn't).  Some had
lymphoma and heart murmers and congenial problems.  They are by no means
healthy yet but they will be soon.  You might look at some and say wow,
she couldnt have been that bad... then realize next to that one is a girl
dying of lymphoma with huge nodules that she kept in that nasty garage
too.

Listen, Barb need volunteers.  I know Karen has said this before but you
truly do not understand how true it is.  I would start in the shelter
clean cages, let them out to play etc etc and it would take me two hours
(okay maybe Im slow) but just imagine doing that and the Hagerstown kids
too!  There's bathing and ears and nails and meds.  oh my the meds.  Now
they are taking care of ferrets that have been altered and need constand
looking after..

Could you please spare some time?  Volunteers are desperatly needed.  We
hardly would let Barb or Jade do anything this weekend as far as the
"grunt " work because we know what happens after we the helpers leave.
We have to work, we have to go back to our own homes.... Jade will have
to go back (she's been there two weeks already) Barb Needs Help.....
hands on help.  finacial also yes, this is costing a fortune... cleaning
cages most definitly.

Please find it in your heart if your close and go help.  Don't go there
and ooohh and awwww and just look.  Get down and get dirty, get poop on
your shirt like we did it's really not that bad and it washes off (unless
you want to walk through Wal Mart like I did) just do something.....
pleeaaasseeeee.

Oh and by the way... question.  This was a humongo rescue with all of
Maryland, Baltimore and neighboring states involved, where was Maryland
Ferret Paws????

Please volunteer, open your heart to these kids.  They not only need
homes later they need to be taken care of and played with by humans now..

Leanne B