From:
Angela Huser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:26:40 -0600
Hi there!

I want to say that I am saddened by the fact that all these poor,
helpless ferrets might be gassed.  Needless to say, I did sign the
petition!!!

What I don't understand and makes me rather angry are the recent posts
that are talking about how many are angoras and how many are short hair
ferrets.  My question is this...does it really matter whether the ferrets
are angora or short-hair?  Shouldn't' we be concerned that these ferrets
might be killed?  Why worry about what length their hair is or if they
are genetic mutations or not.  They may be killed for NO reason!
Shouldn't that be the concern here?  Do we worry about what breed of
dogs and cats are killed at shelters?  No, we worry that they are being
killed in the first place.  So why should it be any different with
ferrets?  The ferrets didn't ask to be angora or short-haired, nor are
they asking to be killed.  They shouldn't be singled out based upon
their hair length or genetic makeup.

Look beyond the characteristics of the ferrets....they are living
creatures that may be killed due to a ignorant human being.  Don't be
ignorant too.

Angela and her gangster mob of 11 furbutts.