From:
Debra Chapman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 03:42:51 -0700
I want to thank everyone who wrote me about my Pita picking on my new baby,
Heinz.  I got some great advice, and it has helped.  I decided to let them
work it out, I won't let Chip and Pita gang up on him, but I will leave
them alone when they go at it singly.  If Heinz runs up to me, I'll pick
him up and hold him, comfort him, but when he wants back down, I'll let
him go.

Also, Troy Ekart wrote:

>Discovery -
>In nursing Ulysses I used a product called Ferret Rx from the ferret store.
>It is used similar to vicks to unstuff noses.  You place one drop on the
>side of the nose (not in).  I discovered another use.  When someone is
>picking (specifically Rusty or Pumkin in our home), I apply 1 drop on each
>side of their nose and VOILA!  They can't smell anything but the oil.  No
>more picking (it's difficult to pick on the other ferrets if you can't
>smell them!). So if you have a bully in your group this might be something
>to try.  I wouldn't use it every day (other times I cage the bad boys) but
>for those occasional times it has worked well for us both in keeping the
>boys from picking and for keeping my stress level down.

well guess what, it does!  I used it on Pita, and Chip, and they haven't
picked on Heinz since....I won't use it often, but it will give him a break
now and then till they settle down.

Take care all, and thanks again!

Debra