Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2013 23:24:49 -0700
Sadly, I have to report that one of my best and closest friends, Martin
Sklar, has passed away. I met Martin 20 years ago on a service all to
his business. As I walked into his office, he told me to watch my step
as one of his ferrets would probably come out and give me the once
over.

That was all he needed to say...FERRETS! Plural? Yes. He had 3! And
from then on, our friendship grew to include my wife and his first
wife. Sadly, she passed away from cancer 9 years ago. Martin asked if I
would take a series of photographs of him with his two Bernese Mountain
Dogs and his ferrets, to put on a Jewish Dating Service website. He
wanted the pictures to let prospects, they would have to accept the
animals with him. The contacts came in fast and furious and finally,
after about 5 months, he called me and asked me up for dinner, to meet
'THE ONE'. My wife and I went up and Harriet (His new found love) and
my wife hit it off famously....talking, crocheting, quilting, and
other girl stuff. The wedding was soon after and I had the pleasure of
shooting it. They loved to travel, so when they went on their trips, I
watched after the animals...which included a 500 gallon salt tank and
a 1500 gallon reef tank!

I have many stories about Martin and his animals...he never went
anywhere without them. His banks always kept treats for both the dogs
AND the ferrets. He wouldn't go into California because of their
anti-ferret policy. Every other state around the West got his vacation
money, but not California.

Anywho..he was a man who truly loved his animals. They were first and
foremost...Martin is gone, but his memory will live on forever with me.
I miss him dearly and will for my lifetime.

Hey Martin....Hope the ferrets are giving you what for over on the
people side of the Bridge!

Martin Sklar, d. June 11, 2013. R.I.P.

MC