From:
Dani Lucking <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 15:46:38 -0500
Warning: The following is not a pleasing thought.  It isn't about a sick
ferret, but it may be a disturbing thought to some.  Since it isn't
medical, feel free to skip this.  I would if I could.

I have a dilemma.  We lost Chester a few years ago, when we were renting.
Since we didn't have a permanant place to put him, we buried him at my
parent's house, about 2 hours away.  We lost Harvey just over a year later.
Since they were inseparable in life, I wanted to bury them together, but we
had a yard, and a place to bury her, and my husband said he wanted her here
with him.  NOW comes the hard part.  This is a starter house.  We will move
some day.  Perhaps sooner rather than later.  I can't bear the thought of
leaving her, nor do I relish exhuming her.  I wish we had just buried them
together.  I ask my husband what we will do when we move, and he only says
"I don't know".  Harvey was our first, best, most loved, and most loving.
My husband has a tough exterior, but was moosh in Harvey's paws.  He often
says she was the best pet he ever had.  What can we do?  We also planted
roses around her for her, do we dig those up if we don't take her?  I
really don't feel there is a good answer here.  Is it rude to ask someone
to dig her up for us so we can take her?  I don't think we could bear to do
it ourselves.  It's just too awful a thought to either leave her or disturb
her.  How can we avoid this in the future?  Is there animal cremation?
Where would I get such a service?  Please email me directly with any
suggestions.  I realize that I may just be far too paralizingly
sentimental, but it really is a dilemma for me.