From:
Laura Horovitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 May 2001 18:38:45 EDT
Everyone knows that it has been a week and a day since the passing of my
beloved Barret.  However, just when I thought I couldn't even consider
another ferret, last week probably, my husband found out of a ferret that
is in need of a home due to animal cruelty!!  This ferret was bought as a
baby for a 14 year old... the parents didn't know anything about ferrets
so they kept it in the garage in this heat 90 degree weather and the
cage!!! (Hold on....) is so small that it should be for a hamster!!  The
poor thing slept in his litterbox!!!

Well, needless to say, when my husband heard of this he immediately tried
to see if we could "buy " the ferret from his friend's neighbor....4 days
passed and no word.  I was terribly worried of this poor ferret's demise!

Then just now (not more than an hour ago) I get a call from my husband
(who has nick named me Peanut 6 years ago--long story) that he is on his
way home bringing the ferret.  He was appalled at this poor guy's living
conditions.  They did have vet papers, but he will go to the vet first
thing.  Guess what his name is???  PEANUT!!!  FaTE!!!  Well, even more,
Paul said he is skinny (Probably wasn't even fed) and is a silvermitt!!!
THAT is what BARRET was!!!!  I am so exited....I have cleaned up the
cages (we have 2-- one 4 story and one 2 story) and have all the toys out.

I worry when I see him that he will be in bad shape!!  But I pray that we
can nurse him to be a fattie like Barret was.  Any advice for this poor
baby please send my way!!  I can't wait!!!  He's almost home with Peanut!!

   *Laura *