From:
B Reburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:33:32 -0400
An irritating Opinions column appeared in our Sunday local paper (Rock
Hill, SC).  Same day as the "Ferrets Rock" mention in USA Weekend
(included with our paper).  The Editor of The Herald writes a weekly
Opinions column.  This week's column "Being careful about critters"
was interesting and enjoyable until near the end when he stated that he
didn't think people should be allowed to keep prairie dogs, iguanas,
ferrets and anything else that can't be housebroken or taught to roll
over.  Yes, I've emailed him already - twice - with facts, URLs to ferret
info on the Web and I offered to talk with him and/or have him visit us
to meet our ferrets.  Pretty much a waste of time.  *sigh*

Here's the article: http://www.heraldonline.com/opinions/opincol1/ .

Beth