From:
Chere Mccoy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 26 Sep 1992 10:52:52 -0400
Update on Lisa's surgery last Wendesday (one of the Miami
Hurrican Ferrets).  Lisa had to stay an extra day in the hospital
as she had an odd experience in Surgery - Her blood
was not clotting (this is an unusal experience).  Dr.
Ernest administed Vitamin K, Bitamin B12 and surgicel
was applied to areas.  Bleeding finanally appeared to be
controlled 1 1/2 hours after it started.  Dr. Ernest is calling
other vets to see if they have experienced that.
I can't let Lisa's new mom and dad pick her up yet.  Although
Lisa is doing well (she is a 6 month old Albino) today during
exercise period she bit my hand and my nose - she drew blood.
So Lisa will have to stay in the shelter till we can control
the biting (the nose bite hurt and my nose looks really odd
now).  Will let you all know what we find out about the
clotting problem later.  Taking more supplies to Angela
in the next 4 days.  Addition to List of Love forthcoming.