From:
Maureen Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 1996 12:17:33 -0400
Hi All,
Well, we're back from our vacation (6 weeks on the road with 7 ferrets in a
31 foot motorcoach)and I really missed the FML while on the road.  Next year
I'll have a computer with me.  It amazing how many campgrounds have
telephone jacks on the electrical posts now a days!  I'm scoping out laptops
and my husband has some plans to help safeguard the power (buck and
boost?)while in the coach.

The night before we were to leave on the trip...a friend called up with an
emergency rescue for a 2 year old female Albino.  She had been left in her
cage for quite a while and had hair loss (she only had her guard hairs)and
black heads on her tail.  She also seems to have mast cell tumors on her
shoulder area.  This little girl was named Gizmo but she deserved better.
We rechristened her Lisa and then Lisa Marie.  Her personality is really
coming through now and even though we feel 4 girls and 3 boys is a bit too
much for us we're committed.  She's going to the vet tomorrow and we'll get
her squared away.  We had just bought a 12 week female Albino a couple of
weeks before and she's all unbounded energy.  She wants to play with Lisa
but she's a bit rough.  Lisa will integrate nicely with Ruby (baby Albino)
and the two boys.

Someone asked about adding ferrets and about them getting along.  We've had
poor luck with integrating the girls with the girls.  Before Lisa Marie..not
one of our other three girls could be in the same room with each other.  If
they bite each other badly (blood drawn) and the poop is flying it's not
going to work.  That's why I was glad to see that Lisa was more tolerant of
Ruby and Ruby bothers Lisa but not in a kill mode.

I was glad to see the advice on vinegar as a poop deterent.  I'm going to
try that in a couple areas and since it's also a good deoderizer even if it
doesn't work it'll work!!

  Hoping you all had a good summer from:

Baby Girl and WillieBoy
Modean, Dolittle, and Ruby