From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 21:25:32 EDT
Thought I'd write about Jasmines experience,as I don't think I've ever
heard of a reaction quite like hers.We stayed the usual 30 minutes after
her rabies shot,and not a thing,so we go home relieved.I keep a close eye
on them for a few days after,and I noticed Jasmines neck was getting bigger
and bigger about 3 days afterward.Her neck was so swollen,she looked like
she swallowed a golf ball.She was still eating and pooping and playing
normally,and this was on a weekend.After a day,it started to go down,and
was normal a day or so after that.

What sent me running to the vet was when she started to poop frequently in
small,thin amounts and full of mucous,and then started to back up and do
nothing.Of course it was late at night,so I gave her extra laxative.I was
thinking a blockage,but she was playing and running around.Next morning,I'm
waiting for the vet at his office.The vet needed a sample,so I put Jasmine
on the floor,hoping against hope,she would do something.Lo and behold, she
lets out a normal size poop in the corner and looks pleased with
herself.The vet,me and my husband all gave a sigh of relief at the same
time.She checked out normal in all respects,so the conclusion was it was a
reaction to the rabies shot.This is one of the stranger ones I've heard of,
or experienced.The gray hairs these fuzzies give us.

Sandy (Now I have to get Miss Clairol)
Jasmine (What did I do?)
Taz (Mom,what's with all the extra kisses?)
Honey (Just give me extra treats.)
Sugar (I love kisses.Where's that ear?)

Love your fuzzy today,for tomorrow the stock in hair color may go up.