From:
Alia Granda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 18:12:40 PDT
Hello FMLer's,
I haven't posted in awhile, just been reading everyone's stories, and,
uh... opinions.  Anyways, here I am, and with some good news, but also
some heart breaking news.  I'll do the bad first, maybe then we can end
on a happy note.

Two nights ago, around 9:30p, I heard what I thought was strange noises
coming from my kitten.  I walked past the ferts cage, and realized it was
coming from one of the ferts.  Strange kind of squeaking noises, is the
best way to describe them.  I at first thought that one of them was having
a really interesting dream, and just talking in his sleep.  Then I noticed
my DEW, Arnold, was twitching.  Ok, I thought, he must REALLY be having one
heck of a dream.  I picked him up and to my horror, his eyes were open, he
was unconcious, and convulsing.  I put him down just long enough to grab
the phone book, and phone to call the after hours emergency vet.  When I
turned around, I saw my puppy laying down next Arnold, with her head by
his, whinning softly.  (Background: Puppy-Jasmine, and Arnold were the two
that were CONSTANTLY at each other.  Out of all the pets, it was Arnold and
Jasmine who gave me the most grief when they were together.)  There she was,
this big old puppy, nudging my little white baby, trying to get him to bite
her, or at least look at her, anything.

I rushed around like a maniac trying to get things together.  I grabbed the
diaper bag and ran my 15 mo.  daughter over to the neighbor's house.  Got
Arnold, wrapped him in a flannel shirt, and sped to the vet.  I cried, and
begged him to stay with me all the way there.  He didn't make it.  I walked
in the office sobbing, and cradling my little DEW as if I could make him
come back so the vet could fix him.  We laid him down and the vet tried to
feel for any sort of blockage...nothing.  His mouth was bleeding, but it
was that he had bit his tongue, not internal bleeding.  The vet really
didn't know what to say.  He threw some ideas, like maybe low blood sugar,
or some random congenital(?) thing.... we're all at a loss of knowledge of
what took my baby.  He would have been 2 in Aug.  The night before all
this, the ferts had been playing in my bedroom for a good 4-5 hours.  HE
WAS FINE THAT NIGHT!!!  I just don't know what happened!  He hasn't been
showing signs of anything!  I feel like such a bad mommy for letting my
second baby die.  The first, Donnie, died last April of lymphosarcoma, he
was only 8 mos.  at the time.

I just don't know what went wrong.  All I know is everyone in my home
misses him dearly.... our little white baby.... Skeeter, please lead my
little Arnold over the bridge, and introduce him to everyone.  He's a real
sweet heart, and will want to cuddle a lot, so give hims lots of hugs from
us, ok?  Thankyou Skeeter, you do a wonderful service for the sad mommies,
daddies, borthers, and sisters who are left to miss our babies.

On a happier note, I had posted awhile ago about my chocolate, Poncharelli,
losing hair on his tail, and losing weight.  Well the only conclusion we
have is that his coat changes are all mixed up.  He lost weight, and hair
in the winter, but ever since spring started, he's gained ALL his weight
back, and his coat is BEAUTIFUL!  Don't know what that is all about, but at
least I'm so happy to be able to report that he's healthy, and happy.  As
with the rest of my ferts, Louie, Manny, and Loomis, besides missing
Arnold, they're doing well too.

Thankyou for listening,

~Lia, mommy in mourning for her little white angel fert, Arnold