From:
"Mrs. Duck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 13:25:20 -0500
Molly is recovering from her exploratory surgery.  I woke up during the
night, and when I went to check on her, I found her asleep with her head in
her food bowl.  She had eaten a little bit.  This morning she ate some more.
I gave her a little squeeze of NutriCal, and she wolfed that down.  She's
been drinking like she's never going to see water again.  BUT (Vet's please
help) the results of the surgery were disturbing.  She had the surgery due
to an enlarged vulva which has been swollen for a couple of months now.  The
vet thought that some ovarian or uterine tissue had been missed when she was
spayed, and /or possibly there was an adrenal problem.  The post surgical
report is that her adrenals look great, and there is no reproductive tissues
or organs present.  OK, so what do we do now?  Other than the enlarged vulva
and some apparent "nesting", she has no other symptoms.  What could this be?
Any help or suggestions are very welcome.
-Mrs. Duck