From:
"Grable, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 16:54:47 -0500
Hi-

Starting today, my new address is: [log in to unmask]

Chewing fabric: Renny did this until I changed her bedding.  She LOVED to
crunch bed sheets and pillow cases, which I used until I realized she
wasn't going to stop.  It was summer then, so I used carpet remnants for a
while.  She always had her hammocks, too.  I just made sure the remnants
weren't loose or fraying at the ends when I bought them, and checked them
frequently.  I also removed any staples or nylon thread that was loose.  I
used the ones with tight loops and dense textures.  Nothing too soft or
fuzzy, that she could eat or get her nails caught in.  When the weather
turned cool, I got her several fleece baby blankets from Wal Mart.  She
never tried to chew or eat them, and dearly loved curling up and snuggling
in them.  I also shook the remnants out at least every other day and
vacuumed them at least once a week.  I tried hosing them off outside, but
they got stiff and I always thought it somehow released glues or chemicals
possibly used.  So, washing was not an option.  They were affordable enough
that I could just replace them often.  She also enjoyed sleeping on/in knit
ski caps that were on top of her hammocks.

For some reason, Toby started chewing and eating small pieces of his
blankets a few days ago!!  He has a non-related appointment on Monday.

Refusing treats: Toby and Girlie are both from MF.  Both think Ferretone is
poison!!  Toby still hates Nutri-Cal and Ferretvite.  Girlie will finally
take Nutri-Cal off the back of my hand.  She always ate it mixed in with
the chicken baby food and ground TF I fed, when I first brought her home.
(She was way too thin).  Toby isn't sure what any treat is for, bless his
heart.  But, he will take hairball remedy without a problem.  Girlie has
decided if it's going to be eaten around her, it has to be shared!!  And I
thought Renny was bad about this!  At least there will be less crumbs in
the great room : ) Besides an occasional cheerio, and sometimes a teeny,
tiny bite of strawberry pop-tart or something stolen, Renny didn't and
Girlie doesn't get people food.  Other than chicken baby food, that is.  I
didn't and don't want anyone sick from it.  Oh, Renny would try to take you
down if you were eating circus peanuts.  Those light orange, soft, sweet
things.  And Girlie has shown a real fondness for the spearmint flavored
things, that are like the sugar-coated, orange-slice jelly things.

Now Girlie has decided that the lick, lick... chomp isn't enough. Last night
and this morning, she began with a little lick of my forearm, then bit and
tried to pull the tiny little hairs out!! OUCH!! Who knows what  she has in
store for tomorrow morning's kiss!?!?

And finally: To everyone with little ones that are sick or have gone on to
the bridge; My heart goes out to all, and truly breaks for each and every
one.  I honestly feel it, both emotionally and physically each time.  The
sheer desperation when one is ill, and the emptiness and longing when one
is lost.  I am SO sorry.

All are always in my prayers.
Sonya