Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 12:40:17 EDT
I gave the little girl I brought with me to the Chicago Show $50. to donate
or spend on toys, food, raffles, or whatever she wished.

SHE- 11 years old- wished for the basket ball and beanie babies.  She spent
over 10 dollars just trying to win the basketball.  She, and others at the
show, do not have a ferret.  She would have been bored had it not been for
those items presented by GCFA.  The show is all day.  That is a long time
for a child.

When she won the beanie babies she was almost beside herself with happiness.
She called me up that night too excited to sleep.  It was one of the best
times she had ever had!!! And she was glued upfront at the show waiting to
hear if she won the basketball and bag.

Look at her pictures when they come out in GCFA online under the Greatest
Ferret Show on Earth, and you may remember her excitement and laughter.  WE
stayed all day entering and winning 1st, second and two third place ribbons
at the ferret fun matches [giving more money to the shelter] BECAUSE she
was also waiting for the raffle items to be passed out to the winners!!!

Look at her pictures from last year under www.GCFA.  She stayed to enter
the fun matches AND see what she might have won at the raffle.  She spent
a bundle.

There were many, many items to chose from.  Not all visitors have ferrets
I loved the idea of a variety of gifts.  This little girl, as a result,
wanted to stay longer, and spent more money on other items-as did I.  AND
she wants to come back again.

She let her cousins know how much fun she had and what she won and what was
there, and now they are going next year: more money for the shelters.

As long as there are more ferret related things than toys for the children,
I do not see what the problem is.  If you don't want that item--just don't
pick it.

Lisette