From:
"Theo v. Werkhoven" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 1996 01:44:27 +0200
Hi All,
you're looking at one proud fert-friend.  Kira won a price as 2nd best
albino female at the annual ferret get-together in Holland.  Both she and
Tasha were evaluated as 'very good' to 'outstanding' in different
catagories: overall condition, fur condition, color, teeth and
manageability.  Kira's coat was/is just a bit whiter than Tasha's though.
Of course I already knew they are the sweetest, most beautiful fuzzies
ever... It was the first time since they came out of the litter 6 months ago
that they saw other ferrets, and they absolutely loved it.  They had such a
ball walking on the leash with new playmates where ever they l(d)ooked...
Try figure out the knot 5 or 6 ferts can make when they'r all playing
together and they'r all on leashes!  In the ferret contest they were more
occupied with the construction of the tube they were supposed to run through
then with speed so 2nd places there as well.  There was a lady with a
petition for legalisation of ferrets in Ca.  Of course I signed and a lot of
the other 150 people there did as well.  I think that animals that have been
domesticated longer than cats or dogs deserve a better treatment from .gov
in Ca.

Next Monday is 'D-day' for Tasha and Kira; it's time to get'em fixed.
They'll be 8 months then, not yet fully in heat, but the vet says that
should make the operation easier.  People who bought spayed/neutered ferrets
probably thought nothing of it, but the idea of having a more-or-less major
operation on a healty animal makes me a bit nerves.  I'll just keep my
fingers crossed and hope everything works out ok.

Take care, Kira, Tasha, Theo.