Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 07:18:22 -0700
>---What kind of bedding do you use for your ferret cage that is machine
>washable and cheap and very easy to take out/put in???  I have this
>black, 2 story cage, which I got from Petsmart(about $120) the dimension
>is 30x15 or so inches.  I want to figure out a way which I can get the
>bedding out and wash it with machine like once a week or so...

I go to the fabric store (Joann Fabrics), head right to the clearance
section and pick out the least expensive, most plush, fleece fabric.
Who cares about the color or patterns.  Usually summer is a good time,
as people aren't needing that heavy of fabric.  I get mine for under 3$ a
yard.  I buy enough to cover each floor of the cage.  I buy double that
amount to have 2 sets...that way one can be washed and they have new
linens on hand at all times.  If your wife can sew, I'd suggest using the
same kind of material to make your own hammocks...it's much cheaper.

>---What kind of stuff do you put in the cage for the fuzzies to sleep
>with?  I have this hammock but I have to wash it and dry it right away
>or nimble and peppy won't have something to sleep in at night....what
>other CHEAP stuff can I use to keep them warm at night??

Mine LOVE to sleep on the fuzzy fleece I use to line the floors of their
cage..they burrow into it and snuggle up..also good for hammocks as
mentioned.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Angela
Mike