From:
Wes Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 20:08:02 -0500
This is from the Ferret And Dove Sanctuary, Inc. Susie Lee checking in
with all of y'all...

We have a pair of new rescuees needing a home.  We just got two young
found female ferrets, turned in by a couple who rescued them from another
aquaintance that was considering just "dumping" them and couldn't keep
them for themselves because they already had a ferret : they had adopted
Silver Freckles from us WAYYY back in 1999 (shootskies!  Seems like
forever-ago!), for their son , and he's (the ferret) 8 years old and
still good...an intrinsic part of their family!  But they live along
Gulf Beach Highway and have been financially recovering from durned old
Hurricane Ivan, and can't afford the responsibility and costs (on their
vet bill) for keeping any more pets than the two cats and one ferret that
they have.  So they did a really good deed in saving these two young
beauties from being dumped by bringing them to us.

This is one of the very fundamental reasons Why we do what we do...
just because it's Not right to see innocent creatures like these be
senselessly destroyed or killed, and that since we'd be among those who'd
yowl "WHY doesn't Somebody DO Something"...we're doing just what we've
been doing for going on 8 years.  It's probably among the same reasons so
many other hard-working shelter operators like Sandi Robinson of Heaven
Scent, also keep plugging along.  We don't do this work for ourselves...
we do it for Them, the innocents whose lives would otherwise be
needlessly lost ... so that, yeah, somebody IS doing something...each
and every decent-minded shelter operator and care-person is doing that
something that's so desperately needed every day.  And those of you
who've adopted your ferrets are also rescuers.

I've just spent an hour setting up a cage with extra hammies and
snugglings for them and set it on a wheeled stand and the new young
ladies, newly named Anastasia DewLovely and Pocahontas GoldenSunset (the
first is a Dark Eyed White and the second is a medium chocolate with
some deep golden underfur showing through the darker brown) or just
"Anastasia and Pocahontas"...for "short" :)

They have all their bright white teeth in, so we guestimate their age is
around 8 months to a year.

We have no pictures of them yet, but anyone seriously interested in
giving a home to these fine young ferrety princesses can call us at
850-475-0780 or check out our other adoptables here...
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret_rescuer/index.html