From:
"Cinda B. Beach" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 21:00:51 -0500
ot sure if it is the same for dogs and ferrets, but I'll tell you what I
know.  They are more likely to be allergic to beef, then chicken, and lamb
after that.  Most foods that I have seen contain some form of chicken,
sometimes even just the fat.  If your ferret is showing signs of allergies
then try switching to a food made with only lamb, not chicken or even
chicken fat.  But make sure that it contains enough protein as most lamb
foods are lower in fat and protein than chicken foods.  I think they need
32--36% protein??  Other people here know a lot more about that than I do.
If they don't like it you can add Ferretone to heighten the flavor.  Also,
there are many cases of allergies to certain preservatives.  Does your
current food have BHA?  Ethoxyquin?  Try switching to another one, or a
naturally preserved foods with Tocopherals.  Hope I'm correctly informed!

 Good Luck.

                          Cinda