From:
Randy Ferret Aid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2005 11:46:24 -0400
i just had to share this with you guys, i'm so upset right now.  A man
called me this morning to tell me he thought he had some ferrets running
around his house.  when i called him back i learned through his
description that of course it wasn't ferrets, it was a mother weasel and
her babies.  He told me how he didn't want to pay for a wildlife removal
service to take them away so he cornered the momma weasel and beat her to
death with a stick and rake.

the babies are still in his attic and he wanted me to come and get them.
i told him no, that we aren't licensed to deal with wildlife.  i told
him i would call wildlife to help him and he got upset telling me didn't
want to pay any money so he would take care of the babies himself.  he
has placed inhumane traps in his attic and will kill those sweet baby
weasels.  i've called the MNR and HOPE they will do something to help.
PLEASE keep those babies in your prayers and that momma in your hearts.
she suffered a horrible death trying to care for her young.

The MRN informs me that if he was trying to protect his house, nothing
can be done to prosecute him.  The agent in charge seems really nice and
will keep in touch with me to let me know what happens.  i told him i
would do anything to help, even if it means testifying in court.

Harley "Bug" up there at the Bridge, please watch over momma weasel and
protect those babies.

Miss Randy Melanie Belair
The Ferret Aid Society
"For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"