From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 10:28:20 -0600
If you use a live tree don't add anything to the water because the ferrets
will drink and play in the water.  If you use a tree skirt the ferrets will
be under it.  If there are packages down the ferrets will open them for you.

I have a 3-4 ft fake tree made from recycled paper.  I bought it at target.
Check the little spines and you can tell if it is plastic or paper.

For decorating I use the large size package bows.  I just lay them in spots
on the tree (don't take the backing off).  I use small candy canes with the
paper removed.

Some of the ferrets try to climb the tree and several run off with the
bows.  The shorter the tree, the shorter the fall.  But the bows are safe
and cheap and they really do make the tree look nice.  I was surprised at
how nice the tree looked.

Hugs to all. tle