From:
Michael Schieman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 23:17:17 EST
Hi folks!

No, this is not a new installment of the story.  It's a brief time out to
answer a few questions that have come in about it.  I was hoping to be able
to answer these questions privately, but there's just not enough time in a
day to do so properly and still maintain some semblance of sanity.

Yes, I am Cherokee by heritage and by belief.  I find no conflict in writing
about the beauty of a Christian holiday.  My faith allows me to draw all
things that are good an wonderful into my soul and to make them my own - to
learn and to grow by doing so.

No, the story is not already written in it's entirety and I'm not parcelling
it out in pieces for any reason.  Those of you who are familiar with the
writing process know that the words come only when they will.  Such things
cannot be hurried.

Yes, anyone who wishes to may feel free to forward the story to anyone
they'd like to.  It may also be printed in newsletters without asking my
permission to do so.  All I ask is that I be given credit for the writing of
it and that you let me know what kind of reaction it received.  I'd also
appreciate a copy of any printed matter in which it is used.  I keep a
scrapbook of such things - mostly because I like the way the glue smells.

Yes, with BIG's permission, the entire story will appear on the Christmas
Eve edition of the FML.  It won't be very long.  In fact, Mee Maw thought it
was finished when she read last night's installment.  There are still a
couple of ideas noodling around in my mind that will bring the story to an
end for this year.

Many much thanks for the nice letters about my little ferret at the manger
story.  Thanks also for the grumpy letters.  I pray that the writers of the
latter will find something in the story that will give them some joy as
Christmas approaches.

OK. A brief preview of the next installment:

"Christmas," God sighed as He felt the ferret child, the only begotten son
of Jesse the ferret, as the kit snuggled closer to His heart.  "What a
wonderful idea.  Perhaps I can do something with that?"

Many much loves,

Paw Paw

Oh yes, Joy to the World!