Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 07:29:59 -0800
Taz was off to the vet's again this week.  When he started with poopy
problems it ranged from green to seedy.  We started him on Amoxi and
Kaopectate.  That didn't work and the vet switched him over to Albon.
Some improvement, but still no cigar (LOL).  He is now back on Cefa drops
because he's got the sneezies too.  The vet seems to think this will help
his tummy and the sniffles as well.  He's also on Carafate 2x daily as
well as yogurt.  He's lost an ounce of body weight in the past 2-3 weeks
which the vet does not think is noteworthy.  Last night poopies were
orangie liquidish.  This morning, there was some firmness to poopies but
still orange in color with what looks like little pieces of egg shell in
it.  Sorry for the graphics folks,I just wasn't sure if that is noteworthy
in solving his problem.  I want to be sure to cover the entire spectrum of
das poop.  Possibly undigested carafate or yogurt?  My vet's theory on ECE
is that all ferrets carry the virus and that ECE is triggered by stress.
Believe me, this animal is FAR from being stressed out.  Any ideas people?