Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2011 08:20:29 -0600
Hello all,

This discussion proves you're never too old to learn. I had always
believed that if Melatonin regrew fur, then it was affecting the
adrenal glands and reversing any damage. WRONG! I've never gone the
Lupron route, if Melatonin didn't work or the fur loss was too severe,
I always go for surgery. As of now, out of the 22 or so ferrets I've
had, only one has never needed any type of treatment for adrenal
disease and has never developed symptoms, KNOCK ON WOOD.

The point of my message is that if you can afford the surgery, do the
surgery. If you can't, a combination of Melatonin and Lupron appears
to be the best alternative.

Leslie