From:
Joyce Dumire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 May 2000 00:32:03 -0400
I have a male and a female ferret.  The female is my original fuzzy.  When
I got him, I expected the two to be so happy to see each other and play
together.  I would hold one and then the other so they would smell the
other on me.  I put them in the other's cage so they would smell the other.
I let them see each other without any touching.  Then I let her peak into
his cage while he was inside.  (She was loose in the room and he was
caged).  I then let him loose in her room while she was caged.  Well, the
introduction was not what I expected.  She ran for him & had him by the
neck - hard.  I yelled, she let go and I grabbed both of them.  About 2
weeks later, my son decided it was time to re-introduce them.  This time he
had her and he used a towel to separate them.  Any suggestions?  I'd love
to enjoy them playing together and think they would love to romp and play
together.  They would have so much more freedom in the house if both would
play together instead of me having to keep one caged (she can get under the
door to his room when she is out because she is so tiny compared to him).
She is spayed.  The previous owner said he isn't neutered.  He smells
better than her, so could he be?

Thanks,
Joyce