Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:30:41 EDT
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to update you on a couple of ferrets that came in that you
have all been asking me about. I also wanted to share a few other
things with you. So here goes.

We will start with Amazing Grace First. She is the little girl that
was tossed by the side of the road. She really blossomed when she came
here. After her trip to the vets and her ADV test, she would play with
anyone that didn't pick on her. The vet figured she was about a year
old and that she seemed to be in good health. Her ADV test came back
negative. I was so happy to hear that.

She was living with a group of three that came in and seemed to enjoy
cuddling up to them. She had only been with them a couple of weeks when
a very nice lady named Harriet whom had adopted from me before inquired
about her. Now this lady and her family live all the way up in Erie,
PA. So she made any appointment to come down and see her. It was love
at first site. So the adopted her and Amazing Grace went home with them
to a wonderful forever home. Since I had already did the week holding
in advance with them. There was no need to do another. I know how well
Roscoe and Mia have been cared for and that is my dream for all of them
that they should all find a loving family such as Harriet's and her
family.

Now on to Pinky the little girl that this neighbor took off of her
neighbor. She did get him to sign a surrender paper to her. Then I went
in and picked her up as most of you know but not without her signing a
surrender paper to me plus I also have the one the neighbor signed to
her. I had sent out her pictures for you to see how bad she looked and
wish I had another one to send out now but I don't.

I was so sick ever since I had gotten her. I am still on an antibiotic
but feeling much better. Pinky, Little Girl as I call her went to the
Vets last Tuesday. She had gained 1 lb.04 ounces she doesn't even look
like the same ferrets. She is adrenal and received a Lupron Shot but
such a sweet girl she is but scared to death of other ferrets. So she
is being housed in a part of a Ferret Nation Cage.

We are going to work slow at getting her use to other ferrets. Even
when she is out by her self if one of the ferrets in the cages so much
as looks at her she screams. She is 4 years old and could use a loving
home for anyone that would like to take on an Adrenal ferret. Poor
thing has been through a terrible time. She lived in a cage and never
got out of it with fleas crawling all over her and poop piled sky high.
The neighbor that managed to save this little one told me that he still
has that cage in his apartment and the poop is still in it.

She had asked me to come in and show her a few things with her ferret.
For instance I buy the biggest dog Front Line Plus and showed her how
to put part the fur to the skin and only put two drops on each one. I
said to her this should give you enough to treat them several more
times. I also showed her the trick to putting ferret tone on the tummy
and clipping their nails. That really amazed her and she started to
laugh. She told me she use to wait until her husband could help her
so one would hold and one would snip. She couldn't believe how easy I
could snip their nails.

She is a ferret owner that doesn't know much about them but loves them
so much and is willing to learn. I talked to her about ADV and she is
going to get them ADV tested when they get their next check.

I asked her if they were up to date on their shots and she said they
had them when she got them. That for some of them was 4 or 5 years ago.
I told her that she must get them caught up on their shots. It is not
only for the best interest of the ferrets but theirs as well in case
they would bite someone and that person went to a doctor and then they
checked to see if the ferrets are up today on shots. I told her if this
happens she could lose her ferrets and that ferret could lose it's
life. She almost cried when she heard that so now she is going to also
get their shots. She isn't going to allow anyone to touch her ferrets
until they do have their shots that is anyone but me because she knows
I would never do anything to jeopardizes the ferrets. I am going to
stay in touch with her and I told her if she had any other questions to
let me know. I am also going to put some literature in her hands. When
someone is that interested in learning I am willing to do all I can to
teach them what I know.

I knew there were ferret owners in our town just didn't know where they
are at. We would like to try to get a club started here. Renee has been
wanting to do this for several years now and I wanted to do it for
years but just couldn't figure out who I could get to help me. Please
wish us well all we want to do is get the people in our town educated
on ferrets and try to get them to the place that they will never
surrender their ferrets or give them away.

All is well that ends well. Please keep Pinky little girl in your
prayers that she will find a buddy to sleep with. We thought it might
be Amazing Grace but didn't want to try her until we saw if she was
going to be adopted or not.

God Bless You All
Helen
Helping Hands Ferret Rescue