Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 23:58:49 +0000
I got a call this morning from a very good friend of mine,Barbie) who
knows how much i love my ferrets. She asked me if i saw this mornings
local paper , which i had not. Then she proceeded to tell me the news
on the front page.

A 30 year old woman, lost her life, trying to save her ferrets from an
apartment fire, Amber, and her 3? (count unconfirmed) (names unknown)
ferrets all perished. She was found just inside her apt. door
unresponsive. I do not know this woman, but the sacrifice she made,
touches deep and i have to ask Saraferret to greet her and her fur
children at the Rainbow Bridge please. This just breaks my heart, this
woman would NOT leave her furchildren behind to save her own life. I
haven't been there with my ferrets, but i have done so for my cats (sm.
kitchen fire). This happened on Tuesday morning. It made the front
pages of the local paper Kenosha News (www.kenoshanews.com) not sure if
you would be able to pull it up, but that is what information i can
give you. It was in this mornings Wed. Nov 12,2008 front section (front
page news). There is a place to comment if you can get to the article.
All i ask of you ferret lovers here, please offer up a prayer for this
woman and her ferrets. Count your blessings, for you never know
YOURSELF, when you will be called upon to make choices like this. I
know where this womans heart was at. She demonstrated the greatest love
that anyone could. That is to lay down their life like this, how many
of us would/could? Just pray that you never be put to that test. Lest
you be made aware of what truly lay in your own heart.

OT I heard that we also had a circumstance where a man, rescued his
dog, and lost his own life. I haven't seen that story
yet...(unconfirmed news).

Please Saraferret, greet and welcome Amber M. Brubaker (age 30) and her
ferrets to the Rainbow Bridge .

Don't know if anyone else is from this area, that has any more input
than i , but that is what i have gleaned from my purchase of the paper
today.

Prayerfully
Donna/Kenosha , Wisconsin

[Moderator's note: That greeting will have to be at the greeters'
discretion since it's not about an FMLer's ferrets. (Not to minimize
the tragedy, but we also know some people prefer not to have their
ferrets greeted in public and we don't know all the details.) BIG]