From:
April Gallaty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 23:00:03 -0400
Hey,

Does anyone else out there get the "nip of love"?  What I mean is, it seems
like sometimes, for no reason, one of my ferrets (two in particular) will
come ambling in, nothing going on, and bite my foot.  Not too hard, no
viciousness, just a nip.  My two original girls (Luna and Sola) that I had
for 5 months before getting my other three are the ones who do it.  After
they nip me, they look at me like, "So.  There." and then turn and walk
away.  My husband seems to think it's just their way of coming in and
saying, "Hey ya mom!  Wazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzup!?"  I've never punished them for
it because they don't do it to anyone else, it's not a consistent problem,
and it usually takes me by surprise.  Any comments?  I bet I'm gonna hear a
lot of, 'you looked like you needed it'.  :-)

On another note of ferrety behavior, my guys like the phone, too.  I've
always said they are FLO operatives.  I had a message on my answering
machine the other day that said this....

"Dook dook dook.  Dook dook dook dook dook dook.  Dook dook. DOOK!"

Can anyone interpret that for me?  My guys went nuts when they heard it and
began running around like maniacs.  I even saw Sola move her stash!

Oh, and for the person who says that their ferrets make a "brp" sound, I
agree.  When my guys get really really riled up, it sounds like, "blrup
blrup blrup blrup".  It almost sounds like clucking chickens.

That's all my rambling for one night!  :-)  Dooks and blrup to all!

April and the LOVES to take a bite out of crime ferrets!

L una
O rion
V enus
E ros