From:
April Armstrong Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2003 21:29:35 -0400
Hi, again.  My friend Bandit, previously perfectly healthy, seems to have
contracted a possible case of ECE, though we are still waiting for some
labwork to come back, but still needs a home.  I have been fostering him
for a week and a half, but I cannot keep him here much longer, and am
really hoping someone can help us out.  We thought we had found a forever
home for Bandit, but alas, that is not to be.

He also has some unexplained alopecia on the top of his head and some
flaky skin on his back, but this does not seem obviously symptomatic of
adrenal disease; it's actually a pretty odd pattern.  Before he started
having green slimy poop (which has gotten more normal-looking in the
last few days), he was otherwise perfectly normal acting, too.

He is currently on Flagyl, Sucralfate, Pepcid, Amoxicillin and some
syringe feeding (he's good with that, but bad with meds-I wrap him in a
towel and THEN scruff him to get them into him).  He is a nice boy, and
I need a place for him ASAP.  He is five years old, ADV-negative (we
blood-tested him last week) and up to date for distemper (we were going
to do his rabies vax, but then he got sick and we wanted to hold off for
now).

Please help us!

-April AC