From:
Juliana Quadrozzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 22:23:21 -0400
>From:    prepet <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: PLEASE ADOPT OLDER FERTS!

I am a foster mom & w/tears of joy I applaud your post.  I'm so thankful
for people like you who can truly appreciate what special gifts these
so-often-ignored fuzzies are.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if they could all
enjoy the unequaled comfort & security that comes from being adopted by a
loving family like yours.

Every foster/adoption situation has them & they often become the surplus.
They're welcome to stay as long as they need, which unfortunately usually
means for the rest of their life.  They become a very limiting factor in
the number of ferrets that can be taken in, as we all have to recognize
our limits.  Why are they so often disregarded by even those sensitive
individuals who wouldn't think of acquiring a ferret from anywhere but a
rescue?

Like fine wine, ferrets mellow & blossom to full bouquet.  These gems are
often overlooked in the search for the young & healthy.  They have just
as much to give as their younger counterparts - they are the very same,
they've just traveled further along the road of life - hopefully, as will
all of us.

Thank you Marlene, for opening up your heart & your home.  You've given one
of the little ones a 2nd chance...that they all so desperately deserve.

Juliana
FERRET BUSINESS of GA
foster care/adoption/information
(770) 984-1417