From:
"Erin Helms (Zelakiewicz)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2008 04:04:39 -0700
>One of my ferrets has been having loose stools and we're going to try
>him (well, all of them I guess!) on a turkey kibble to see if it helps.

Hi Risa,

If anyone has already answered this then I apologize for repeating it,
I only have time to breeze through the digests =).

I feed my guys Innova Evo cat/kitten, it has some chicken in it but
the first ingredient is turkey.  My Kona has had issues with all other
(chicken based) food but Innova (and TF turkey) seem to be the ticket.
Innova is a little cheaper than TF too. The 'ferret' Innova formula is
nearly identical and usually a few dollars more.  I may stand corrected
but I've examined both labels and see no sizable difference.  Oh and
some people with chicken issues use the Innova Evo dog red bites
(beef).  The Innova Evo dog is turkey based AND has Taurine in it, or
at least it did when I fed it a few years ago.

As far as I know there are no other quality non-chicken based kibbles
availible in the US.  With the exception of Wysong Archtypal 1 (and
that has some chicken in it).

Hope my little ramble helps.  Choices are limited that is for sure.
Erin, NY