From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 21:09:32 EST
Where do I begin?

A few thank you's I missed yesterday.  Thanks to Anastasia for bringing
the beer which kept my husband sane, and to Liesl and Kevin for the two
bags of Innova.

I have been absolutely overwhelmed with e-mail and phone calls, and will
try to get back to everyone asap.  If anyone is near Manahawkin or North
Brunswick, and wants to lend a hand for a couple hours here and there, we
need your help desperately.

This is what I need:

Towels, high back litter pans, crock-locks, recycled pelletized newspaper
litter, polar fleece blankets/hammocks (with clips, not strings), Nutrical,
toys for the cages (Marshall's polar fleece bell toys would be perfect!!),
if you can drop off a stackable cage suitable for one or two ferrets,
that's great...don't ship them, by the time I get it, it will be too late.
If you need it back, be sure to label with permanent marker, Odoban or
Synphenol 3, paper towels, AT&T gift certificate(s) to help defray the
long distance bills I've created

Anne Ryan
127 Aspen Dr
North Brunswick, NJ 08903

This is what Kim needs:

Towels, Nupro, Stove Chow, show cage clips to hold litter pans down, polar
fleece blankets/hammocks (with clips, not strings), 2 boxes of FerVac or a
Jeffers gift certificate, Odoban/Parvolan/Synphenol 3/RoCal, paper towels

Kim Rushing
215 East Bay #22
Manahawkin, NJ 08050

I did a couple of tallies, here is what we have:

*35 hobs
*24 jills
*7 gibs (mostly MF)
*11 sprites (mostly MF)
*2 unknown females

of these,

*21 are between 10 months and 2 years
*36 are between 3 and 4 years
*21 are over 4, up to we think as old as 8

*1 will have to be euthanised due to advance cancer (we believe he is
 suffering)
*8 are possibly or definitely pregnant
*4 need dental care other than cleaning
*1 possibly has pyrometria
*6 definitely have adrenal problems, others are suspect
*2 are blind

Heavy sigh.

Needless to say, the vet bills will be overwhelming.  DO NOT SEND US
MONEY!!  Instead, please send any cash donations to

Support Our Shelters
c/o Judith White
1236 Belfield Ave
Drexel Hill PA19026-4211

SOS is a 501c3 corporation.  Your donation is tax deductible.  Be sure to
add a note that it is for the NJ Christmas Rescue.  SOS will then pay our
vets directly.

Many of these ferrets are not socialized, and can not go to inexperienced
owners.  Several bit clear through leather gloves, although they are also
ferrets who are very ill or scared.  We are still trying to get a handle on
the situation.  Once we are ready to begin thinking about adoptions, we'll
post here.

Merry Christmas to all of you.  We are grateful for your thoughts, prayers
and assistance.

Anne