From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 23:28:41 -0800
I just got 22 messages that were sent back at the begining of the month when
Phoenix was released to me.  I guess they got lost in the mail.<g>

The theme in them was pretty much the same, I am some kind of hero.  Well,
I'd like to set the record straight.

I am not a hero.  Each and every person who cared, wrote, called, and has
done work to educate people are the heros.

Every person in the ferret community is the hero, each shelter operator who
spends endless, sleepless nights caring for the unwanted sick ferrets are
the heros, every person who fights for legalization is a hero.

Each and every person who loves and cares for their ferrets is a hero.

Not me, I was just a small part of a larger whole.  But thanks for saying I
am.

Thanks again for all the support, Phoenix wouldn't be alive or free if it
weren't for each and every one of you, because each one helped, may be not
directly with this situation, but you helped by being there, and loving
ferrets, and for that I will always be grateful.

Phoenix
Jean & The Zoo Crew