From:
Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 02:40:37 -0700
>From:    Flemming Farms <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Multiple Breedings
>While Fox et al and many other books on ferrets suggest it is ok to breed
>the domesticated ferret jill more than once a year (some state twice per
>year), many breeders disagree.  Some think it is fine to do this, and
>others do not.  I, personally, do not agree with the practice.  As human
>mothers know, birth and nursing takes a lot out of the body....

Going to play dumb here.  How does a breeder determine how often to breed
the jill?  If I remember right, the jill should be at least 8 months old to
breed..  Will say I've talked to different breeders with different opinions
on many issues.  Think each owner and ferret is different, whether breeding
or not.  Can agree on some ferret taking a tole on their bodies when having
babies, but think this knowledge is more towards the owner who knows their
jills, maybe I am wrong.  Hope you can understand this.

Debbie