From:
meagan quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:24:15 PST
hello all,

this is meagan here.

in case every one doesn't remember me (i have a tendency to be a lurker not
a poster)...i live in NY with my little ones.  fezzik, keera, nicodemus,
and hagas.

i just wanted to write and say thank you for everything.

although some of you wrote directly to me when i asked my qeustions, and
others posted, i read all the info you gave me on how to help my little
ones.

i wanted everyone to know that my adoptee: nicodemus-the old man that made
it through frat boys neglecting him, coccidia, younger bratty siblings and
ultrasounds, xrays, and flagyl...has finally gone on to the big cutsey-ville
in the sky.  he had insolimic tumors on his pancrease and one larger'nodule'
above his colon 5 months ago.  considering what i had to go to another vet
to get someone to believe that he was sick and not just fighting off a
cold--he did pretty well!

i forget the name of the wonderful woman in croton that suggested me to dr.
hoskins.  but thank you.  if i didn't take him to your vet, nico would have
died a long time ago.  and i know that my little nico would love ot thank
gary H... your timmy's tonic did wonders for my littleman.  he loved it
more than his regular food and danced more after drinking the tonic than he
did in the months before.

nico passed away on sat.  although i knew it was coming...i didn't know how
to help him along without making him suffer.  he would drink the timmy's
recipe like it was heaven--but i jsut don't think it was getting him enough
protein.  even with the extra deliver added.  he was slowly leaving me.

this is where i need to ask all of you ferret owners a question:
nico didn't have seizures from insulima.  he jsut gradually got thinner.
he was alert and willing to play in spurts--but no drooling or anyof the
other symptoms of insulima.  as far as the lymphpsarcoma down his
back--would this have made him die?

i don't know what made it sat.  that made him leave me.  that morning i fed
him greens, concentrated tonic in warm water...everything i could think of.
but he didn't even have the will to fight back if i forced him to drink it.
i told him it was ok to go.  but i really don't know WHY he did.  can there
really be so few symptoms of nicos' diseases?

anyway, i thank you all.  i brought him to his summerhouse---his favorite
place of all to be.  and we spent saturday preparing to bury him.  i wrote
him a letter.

i don't know what made me.  but i know that i felt he could go to "greener
pastures" now that i had a little closer with the situation.  we built him
a box, large enough for his borhters and sister when it is their time.  on
impulse, i went to the store and purchase a fluffy fleece that felt just
like his favorite sweater of mine.  i lined the box with it.  we gave him
dryer tube, raisens and chocolate, his hackeysak and tennis ball...and of
course, his baby nipple.  for a fuzzy with littel social grace, he won
everyone's heart.

the other babies all said goodbye and keera even tried to take the nipple
while he was being wrapped up in his favorite tshirt... i have never lost a
ferret before, and this is truely the hardest thing i have done.  maybe b/c
he had such a horrible life and he waas saved from death with the frat boys
once...i wanted to do it again..  or maybe it was b/c i tried so hard to
make him happy.  either way, he went so quick.

sleeping one minute.  i walked away for less than 3 minutes.  and he was
gone.

thank you for listening then, and now..
no one else truely understands how much they steal your heart.

what i wouldn't give to feel that long long fang drag on my foot again.
he never did know how to play.  his nips were only as i was falling into
slumberland and he decided it was playtime... a fang drag till he found the
right spot...then chomp...right on my big toe.  so if any of you out there
have a little one that loves your toes.  a baby that chases them under the
covers and won't let you sleep.  play with them...cuddle them...deal with
the extra bags under your eyes in the morning--b/c there is nothing i
wouldn't give rightnow to have that slink slink slink along my leg and to
my feet.  to have my entire body tense up and just wait and hope he
continues to lick lick lick instead of lick lick chomp...

thanks for everything FML
always
meagan (and nico too)