From:
Adrian Baker Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 1996 21:13:47 -0700
Hello!  My name is Brier and I have a rugrat too.  When she was 8 wks old
she was a wild woman.  Every so often now she is REALLY crazy but yes, they
do eventually settle down.  (Not much though).  Also, about the claws.  If
you are against de-clawing them (good!) ask someone in your family to hold
her (preferably when she is asleep) and with the sharpest nail trimmers you
can get, cut her nails.  Be VERY careful not to get close to the little pink
vein in the nail.  This is a pretty big sized vein and could bleed for a
long time.  The more you cut the nails the more this vein will shrink back.
this is fine and means that you can cut back farther and father.

this is just what I do. vets that i have talked to say that this is
fine. I hope all goes well with yourfuzzball. Bye!

P.S.- You can trim the front claws a little more than the back oneselr.