From:
Eden Rain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:03:55 -0800
Toni Brown wrote about hair loss & a red spot on Dinky.  Our Lemke, is also
exhibiting significant hair loss and also has these little red spots in a
couple of places.  He also exhibits a certain weakness/wobblyness, but has
done that ever since diagnosed with insulinoma last year & therefore it may
be a seperate issue.  The hair lost & red spot first manifested in January
as a little tiny spot with hairloss only in that location so we assumed it
was some kind of bug bite (or Misha bite) and just monitored it.  it didn't
grow noticably over February though it may have a little, and for the month
of March we were away on vacation in Europe (4 weeks w/o weasels is WAY too
long!) and when we came back we could see a huge difference, his undercoat
had been slowly falling out & was probably doing so in february just not
enough to tell yet.  He had a bout with Giardia due to stress while we were
gone which we've just finished a cycle of medication for & hope is all gone
so there's a possibility that this is just a lack of ability to absorb
nutrients causing the hair loss, but he's been completely over it for a
couple weeks now & we think he's still balding...

Now my first thought was Adrenal disease of course, and I've read the FAQ
but  when Lemke went in for Insulinoma surgery at the end of december Dr
Bishop took a good look at everything while he was opened up, especially
the adrenals & they appeared to be in perfect condition at the time.  yes
it's been a few months now, but the first manifestation was immediately
following surgery (and may have been there before as we were so wrpped up
in bloodsugar levels & such at the time we could have missed it.)

we have an appt with the doctor tomorrow morning but I'd like to hear of
any other possibilities we should consider besides adrenals...

Eden

Eden Rain    [log in to unmask]
Adobe Systems
Dynamic Media Group