From:
Margaret Zick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 23:49:13 -0500
Yes, the cute little girl has a new name, one that *she* picked out, not Bob
or me.  I went over all the names on the list while holding her up to my
voice box and this one got the same reaction everytime, kisses on my hand.
So she decided this one folks.  I did modify the entry slightly.

The new name is------

Pookie Bear!!!

And it fits her to a "T".  I moved her and Nicky into the master bed, since
neither of them like being out with the other ferrets.  Nicky has finally
convinced Pookie Bear that he loves her and will never hurt her, so she will
sleep with him now.  That was a long haul for Nicky to earn her trust.
Maybe she gets that from me, gotta watch them men.  ;)

Anyway, she took a nap with me and she always cleans my feet when I wear
socks to bed.  That's right, when I have on socks.  She does the teeth
thing, like looking for fleas very lightly over both feet.  Its hard not to
laugh, but she is so sweet.  She slept with me most of the day.  After
getting over the worst part of my cold, I managed to put my back out moving
their cage last night.  So bed rest for me.

Now I must admit that my computer files are all crazy at this point and I
don't have all the original entries, just all the suggested names.  So
whoever sent in Pookie, I know it was early on, if you would like a nifty
certificate to line, I mean hang in your ferret's cage, send me your snail
mail and you will get it pronto.  I may just include a pic of the infamous
girl with it too.

Hugs to all from,

Mo' Maggie and the Famous 19
and Pookie Bear, the most famous of all